OBJECTIVEANDREW BOYD B.Sc
EXPERIENCETo live a fulfilling, meaningful, happy life.
2010 - 2012
Pulled the Plug on Real Estate, "Living the life of Riley" on lifestyle block
Several Months working as a consultant factory inspector for Hi-Tech Foods.
Family business merged with Harcourts Real Estate, Riccarton Office,
also now managing office website.
2004 - 2005
Moved back to Christchurch, worked as a licensed salesperson for
Boyd Real Estate Ltd (family business)
2002 - 2003
Worked for Construction Company in Auckland
Salesperson and website manager
- Explain house building procedure to prospective clients.
- Preparation and maintenance of client files and communication
- Submission of applications to council.
1993 - 2002 Taiwanese Student and Immigrant Help, Travel Industry in Christchurch
Interpreter (Chinese Mandarin)
Guardian/advisor/counsellor, Tour Driver/Guide
- Coordinate English Schools, Homestays, Interpreting.
- Organise further education - High Schools, Polytech and University.
- Help families with all aspects of resettlement.
- Organising/taking tours for own clients and also Tourism New Zealand's Clients (part time)
1998 - 2001
THE SILK SHOP in Christchurch
- Imported silk clothing from China, also purchased locally.
- Retailed silk clothing and fabrics.
- Usually sole operator, although sometimes employed casual staff.
- Taiwanese clients still handled from shop.
Took MacAlisters Apparel owners to China three times
- liaising with local businesses in China
1989 - 1993
Travel, Teaching China, HK and Taiwan
English Teaching, Travel
- Accepted post in Beijing Ag.Engineering Uni. teaching English.
- Worked in HK and Taiwan, also taught English and acted in some HK movies
- 1991 Returned to NZ, 1992 Opened first silk shop .
1987 - 1989
Quality Assurance and Product Development
- QA on Frozen and Dehydrated Pea, Bean and Potato lines
- Product Development work with Dehydrated Squash and Potato
1982 - 1987
Massey University, Palmerston North, Christchurch Polytechnic
- B.Sc. Microbiology major.
- 1987 One week intensive management course with RYLA
(Rotary Youth Leadership Award)
- 1987 Attained Real Estate Sales Person's Certificate
People, languages, movies, cars, travel, natural history, carpentry,
real estate, computers, internet - website building, music, chooks.
Healthy, no convictions, in a (18 yr) relationship, 48 years old,
fluent in spoken Chinese (Mandarin dialect)
Keen on computers - can use both Linux and Microsoft
Colourblind (some red/green issues)
"If you're going to do a job, do it properly, otherwise don't do it at all - do something you CAN do"
CHRISTCHURCH . NEW ZEALAND . PHONE (64 3) 329 1068
FAX (64 3) 329 1069 . MOBILE (64) 21 99 7798 . ANDREW@ANDREWBOYD.CO